A fundraising campaign has been launched to raise £10,000 to light up the streets of West Kirby this Christmas.
For a number of years, West Kirby town centre was left without decorative street lights over the Christmas and New Year period due to a lack of funding.
A group of residents and business owners have come together as volunteers under the title of “West Kirby Christmas Lights“ to raise the funds needed to purchase and install lights for the benefit of the whole community.
Every year they need to raise money to install, maintain and then take-down the lights, pay insurances and organise a switch-on event.
A spokesperson for the group said: “If you believe that it is important for people to support our local businesses by Christmas shopping in West Kirby and eating and drinking in our bars, cafes and restaurants then please contribute to making the Christmas Lights happen.”
If enough money is raised the Christmas Lights switch on event will be held November 17th.
Organisations and individuals who make donations or contribute to ‘West Kirby Christmas Lights’ fundraising will receive public acknowledgment unless, they choose not to.
How to donate
- Cheque payable to ‘West Kirby Christmas Lights’
- Over the counter at NatWest Bank, West Kirby for the account ‘West Kirby Christmas Lights’
- By Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online via the website www.westkirbychristmaslights.co.uk
- Bank Transfer: Nat West, West Kirby Christmas Lights, Account no: 77695011, Sort Code: 60-23-17