Restaurants and some pubs in West Kirby and Hoylake are preparing to reopen when lockdown ends.
The new Tier 2 rules which kick in from Wednesday 2 December mean that licensed premises must serve ‘substantial food’ to be able to open their doors, and alcohol can only be served with a meal.
Last orders is at 10pm, but premises will be able to stay open until 11pm if they are permitted to.
Although only one household of any size can sit together inside, up to six people from multiple households can gather in an outside seating area or beer garden – if they are prepared to brave the cold – under the ‘rule of six’.
We’ve pulled together a list of places we know are reopening, and have also added in the cafes and coffee bars that will allow you to eat/drink in.
- Costa Coffee
- Dee Hotel
- Grand Ave
- Green Onions
- Pickled Walnut
- Royal Bengal
- Sweet Pea cafe
- Tapas Kitchen
- The Nook
- The Ridger
- The Tee Room (from Thursday 3 December)
- The Wro
- Golden Tiger
- Green Lodge
- Julian’s Restaurant
- Nine Leaves
- Quirky Cafe (reopening at the weekend)
- Plasterers Arms
- Popsy’s Coffee Shop and Bistro
- Ship Inn (from Thursday 3 December)
- The Lake
- The Quadrant (from Friday 4 December)
- The Trappist
- The Railway
- Heima Coffee
- Cottage Loaf
- Flissy’s Coffee Shop (tables outside – no inside dining until January)
- Strawberry Moon (from Saturday 5 December)
If you know of a restaurant, pub or cafe that is reopening but is not listed above, email email@example.com and we’ll add it in.